The EPFL is presenting unfastened on line route on advent to preference fashions. The course is predicated on concrete case research with real facts units, which are supplied in path content material.
The route introduces the theoretical foundations to choice modeling and describes the steps of operational modeling. This path will start on January 15, 2018.
path At a look
period: 7 weeks
effort: five-6 hours pw
institution: EPFL and edx
certificates available: yes, upload a confirmed certificate for $forty nine
consultation: route begins on January 15, 2018
EPFL is the Swiss Federal Institute of generation in Lausanne. The past decade has visible EPFL ascending to the very top of ecu establishments of technology and generation: it’s far ranked # 1 in Europe in the subject of engineering with the aid of the instances higher schooling (based on publications and citations), Leiden rankings, and the academic ranking of worldwide Universities.
about This route
Human behavior is complicated and unpredictable. Or is it?
the focal point of this course is strategies for predicting the conduct the use of mathematical fashions. greater specifically, we’ll discover choice modeling as a way to obtain disaggregate call for fashions.
Why Take This direction?
Focusing on the logit version, the path covers the specification of the version, the estimation of its parameters, the validation process, and its software. sporting activities using the software program Biogeme also are part of its makeup. The direction is based on concrete case research with real information sets, that are provided in direction content.
gaining knowledge of outcomes
The behavioral assumptions related to disaggregate choice fashions
The derivation of operational models
The art of model specification
The estimation of model parameters from desire records
The trying out of version specs
Concrete applications of the estimated models
Michel Bierlaire holds a PhD in Mathematical Sciences from the college of Namur, Belgium.
Virginie Lurkin holds a PhD in Economics and management Sciences from HEC-Liège, Belgium.
Statistics (bachelor level), linear regression
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)